Mike demonstrates the receiving process for inbound shipments at Merch Monster.
We are able to check in large volumes of orders quickly because we have implemented standarized processes and organizational efficieniences. Additonally all of our data is stored in the cloud – that speeds up the communication between teams in our company.
The process is as follows:
1) Sort boxes by PO numbers
2) Print work orders and box labels from Printavo
3) Select 1 work order / PO to check in at a time. Empty all carton(s) for that PO.
4) Sort garments by style, color and size
5) Verify count against the work order by dozens or half dozens
6) Stage the garments for production
7) Update the job status in Printavo
8) Repeat steps 3-7 as needed until complete